CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

36 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 weeks (35 weeks 5 days)
Size of baby: 19 inches about 5.9 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity.
Gender: It’s a BOY!!!!! Cameron Charles Knight
Movement: Sweet boy moves a lot but seems to be slowing down a little. I think he is running out of room. He loves kicking/pushing down which will be good when he is ready to come out, but right now is uncomfortable.
Sleep: Not sleeping well. I think its a combination of being uncomfortable and not being able to shut my mind off. I was wide awake this morning at 4:30 am. I guess its also my bodies way of getting ready for its new hours.
Symptoms: Achy back and pelvis, braxton hicks, round ligament pain (belly is growing and it is uncomfortable), nausea has returned (thankful for Zofran),
What I miss: SLEEP.
Cravings: Powdered donuts and ice cream. Very healthy choices indeed.
Best Moment this week: ALMOST finishing the nursery. It looks so precious. (pictures to come soon).
What I am looking forward to: Finishing my crazy class schedule this week. I have been teaching 2 of my classes on the abbreviated schedule (8 weeks vs. 16 weeks). It has been tough, especially over the past week as I am getting more uncomfortable. I finish these classes up on Monday and will only have 2 classes to teach up until Spring Break (if Cameron waits that long).


Much has happened since I last posted. At 34 weeks, we had a bit of false labor (bad braxton hicks contractions) which sent us to Labor and Delivery. It was a bit surreal and humbling to know that Cameron is so close to coming into the world. We weren't ready 2 weeks ago, but have our bags packed now. Also, this pregnancy has taken a toll on my teeth. I had to have 2 teeth pulled the same week of our Labor and Delivery visit. It was not a fun experience, but thankfully I have received some relief now.

We have been very blessed with 3 baby showers over the past few weeks. Cameron is a very lucky young man. I will post pictures from the showers and of his nursery as soon as I have a chance.

3 comments:

Unknown

Amy! You look WONDERFUL!! I'm so happy for you and baby Cameron! You and I seem to be somewhat on the same schedule...I'm 37 weeks today!! I'm certainly living LARGE these days, and I complete understand everything you shared in your blog!! SLEEP is so hard to come by when my little girl, Adalynn Joy, plays all night long! HA! Isn't it precious feeling them move and play in your belly!?!? God is so good and so creative to have thought of this perfect way to bring children into the world. Good luck with your last few weeks!! I'll try to keep up with your progress! HUGS!!

Wade's World

You might be feeling yucky and the Zofran and body pillow might be your best friends right now, but you, my sweet sister-in-law, look amazing!!!

I can't wait to meet my new nephew!!

Kim Trimm

you look amazing, amy! i can't believe y'all are so close to meeting your precious little man. hang in there! can't wait to see his nursery!