CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home

Today was a celebration in heaven as my sweet Mammaw was welcomed Home after spending 85 years on this earth. I cry as I write this words tears of gladness for her Home-Going, tears of sadness for our loss here on earth and tears of celebration for the amazing woman that she was and will always be to us. I always had a unique closeness with my Mammaw that was indeed God inspired. I felt as though she was my spiritual mentor. I remember staying with she and Papaw for months at a time in the summer and her faithfully going to the prayer chapel weekly, spending time in the Word and singing praises as she went about the house. Nine years ago, a stroke robbed Mammaw of her ability to talk, walk like she used to and take care of herself as she had but it didn't take her smile and the love in her eyes. And it didn't take the Love my sweet Papaw had for her. They were married 65 years. He lost his sweetheart today. He is such an example of a faithful, selfless husband, taking care of her through sickness and in health. These next days as we walk as a family through this time of grief and celebration, mourning and joy I know that we will remember that she has found rest again, she can sing again, walk again, and rejoices with the Father. We love you Mammaw!
This is Mammaw holding me (can you believe my hair!)

0 comments: