
Today, March 16, 2011, the angels rejoiced when my wonderful Papaw, James Lee Triggs entered Heaven.
My heart grieves and rejoices.
I grieve for many reasons.
I grieve because I know Papaw will never hold Cameron.
I grieve for I can no longer call him and hear his voice.
I grieve because life just won't feel the same without him.
But I rejoice for many more reasons.
I rejoice because he is now with our Savior.
I rejoice because he is reunited with his bride of 66 years.
I rejoice because he is physically restored.
I rejoice because I know he is watching over us, hand in hand with Mamaw.
I rejoice because he is HOME!!!
So today we grieve in the death of our precious Papaw, we celebrate for the life we will meet in just a few days in Cameron. The Lord's timing is not our timing, his ways are not our ways, but we can and I am claiming his peace and hope in these days of joy and sorrow.
"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 1:3-8

4 comments:
Oh, Amy. I am sorry. I know the "torn" feelings. Sad for you - happy for him. I will always remember when my Pa-paw was dying and your dad came by the hospital. Much love to you, girl!
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Pa-paw. I know how special grandparents are, and I know you will miss him. Isn't it great to know where he is, though? Praying for you and your family.
Amy
So sorry to hear of the death of your Pa-paw. I know how much you loved him, and he you. I appreciate your words on here very much. He obviously was a very special man, and his legacy lives on in you and Cameron.
Uncle David
God bless you amy!
Post a Comment