CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Doggy Days and Nights

Greetings friends. I'm writing a little more tired today than usual. You see our sweet little dog Albert (that's what he gets called when he's misbehaving) has decided that he doesn't like to sleep in his crate anymore. The past 2 nights Adam and I have have woken up in the wee hours to a faint whining coming from his kennel. And I mean WEE hours. 12:30 last night. So we take him outside first (or Adam takes him out) but that doesn't quiet him down. Adam says, just ignore him, but I fear something is wrong with him. I was forgetting this was the 2nd night that our precious slumber had been interrupted by the whines of this precious pup. So instead of watching the inside of my eyelids, I watch the clock and sit up every now and then and sternly instruct Albe to be quiet and go to sleep. It didn't work! At 2 am, I finally got up and "checked on him", meaning I opened his kennel. What do you think he wanted? To get in the bed with us of course. We have had Albert for 8 months now and he has slept great in his bed in the kennel EVERY night. So what is happening here. Any suggestions you dog lovers on how to get our pup to sleep through the night? Tonight he will be getting his own bedroom. He is getting moved out of our room. I just hope that doesn't make him whine louder.
So now I am propping my head up getting ready to teach 2 classes this afternoon as our sweet dog is sound asleep on the BED this afternoon! That stinker!

1 comments:

Unknown

Sorry. Sophie stole my phone and called Mr. Albert and shared the news that she sleeps in the bed with us. Alb got a bit jealous, I suppose.
This is why I try to keep the phone away from Sophie....