CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Unexpected roadside adventures

Adam and I made it home late last night from visiting family in Hattiesburg. We had a great weekend seeing everyone and celebrating Lisa's birthday (check back tomorrow for a special birthday post). Well as is life there are often times unexpected bumps in the road (no pun intended). We were about an hour outside of Hattiesburg, cruising along when I was really fighting the urge to go to sleep. I felt horrible for my sweet husband who was just as tired as I am but one of had to stay away (the DRIVER) so I decided to fight my sleepy pangs and talk to him and keep him awake. It was about this time when he began to notice a funny noise and that the car wasn't driving quite the same. I suggested slowing down and listening closer. We were looking for an exit but didn't see one so Adam slowed down and was making his way to the side of the road when I tire blew out in a major grand way. Thankfully he was able to control the car and get it the rest of the way of the interstate. The Lord's hand was on us because if we would have been traveling at 70mph when that happened it could have been far more dangerous. Long story short. Adam put the spare on and we we drove a whopping 45 mph into Meridian about 35 miles away. Have you ever driven on a spare for that long folks? ITS LOUD! Thankfully Sears was able to get us a new tire and a mere couple hours later we are back on the road again! Are you tired yet? We were but our roadside adventures were not over. The rain met us on the two lane stretch of the highway, but this trip we were prepared with brand-new windshield wipers. I am reading my book and Adam is listening to the game when out of no-where the drivers-side windshield wiper goes nuts and gets lodged in the windshield. I am talking STUCK! I have never seen such. Did I mention we are on a two-lane road at this point, IN THE RAIN? A non-functioning windshield wiper didn't make it easy for us to SEE a place to pull over but we finally found somewhere and Adam got out (have I mentioned I love my husband) and pulled and pulled to get the windshield wiper dis-lodged from the windshield. Craziness. Then he reattached the blade. The question is will the windshield wipers work. ??? Depends if you consider working blades to mean when the windshield wiper flies off the side of the car. Yes folks thats what happened. When Adam got back in the car all I could do was laugh! He said why are you laughing, I said to keep from crying and because to see that windshield wiper fly off the car was kind of funny too! Adam wasn't amused. Thankfully the rain quit eventually.
We were planning to stop in Prattville and see our favorite nephew Jackson
but when our 5 hr trip turned into 8 we decided to head on back to Auburn.

Life is full of the unexpected, but we serve a God who meets us in the unexpected moments on the roadside, the tableside, the bedside and walks through those unexpected moments. Sometimes we don't know whether to laugh or to cry and some situations call for both and that is perfectly ok because we serve a God of the unexpected!

1 comments:

Wade's World

I'm exhausted just reading that!!!

We can't wait to see you this weekend. Take care!